The Job Hunter Companion
If you want to know how to find a job as a professional security guard, look no further.
The Job Hunter Companion is a step-by-step plan of action designed specifically to help you seek out and land a security job. This comprehensive program is broken down into four easy-to-follow parts…
Part 1: The Job Search
We take the hardest part of finding employment and lay out a simple routine you can follow to seek out those elusive job openings, including:
- The 9 most promising places to look for security jobs in your area.
- How to build a network of job hunters to do the work for you.
- A little-known trick that could lead to the chance to work with the company of your dreams.
Part 2: Your Personal Inventory
Most people have never heard of taking a personal inventory, which is a shame because it’s the single most important step you can take in your job hunt.
We explain what it is, how it works, and walk you through how to do it. When you’re done, you’ll have the foundation for your own personal sales pitch and make yourself irresistible to potential employers.
Part 3: Resume Workshop
Here we cover all the in’s and out’s of creating the perfect security guard resume, including:
- The easiest way to target your resume for specific employers so you stand out from the crowd.
- The 2 biggest mistakes people make when they put a resume together.
- What to do if you don’t have a lot of professional experience in the security field.
- The 12 things you should NEVER put on your resume.
- A 10-point checklist to make sure your resume is error-free and in tip-top shape before you submit it.
We’ve also included several resume templates so you don’t have to worry about formatting and presentation. You’ll get a professional look every time.
Part 4: Interview Preparation
There are no second chances when it comes to interviews. We tell you exactly what you can expect and what to do from the moment you step into the room with your interviewer to the closing handshake, including:
- The 3 keys to overcoming anxiety and fear during the interview.
- What to wear, and what NOT to wear, to make a great first impression.
- The 12 toughest, make-or-break questions an interviewer can ask and how to answer them with ease.
- How to handle difficult questions about your past, including a criminal record, getting fired, or dropping out of school.
- How to avoid the single biggest mistake you can make at the end of an interview.
We also take you through a complete mock interview and reveal the secrets to crafting answers every interviewer wants to hear.
The Job Hunter Companion is the ultimate guide to finding a job as a professional security officer.